- Goondicum Pastoral Company PTY LTD (“we”, “us”, “our”) is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
B. PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We collect and hold personal information that is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one or more of our functions or activities as a company. This information may include (as well as any other information you may supply us):
- your name and date of birth;
- your contact details including residential address;
- your purchase history and date and time you access our websites;
- your server address from which you access the internet and/or the internet address of the websites from which your visit originated.
C. COLLECTION AND USE
- Purpose We collect and use personal information about you so that we can provide you with improved services and benefits in connection with our services to you. We collect only information that you give us, and information from our website, such as page visits and browsing information. When you register, or otherwise give us personal information, we may share that information with third party contractors or service providers. We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To ensure our site is relevant to your needs.
- To deliver services, such as products, newsletters, events, and plant care information.
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you.
- To allow you access to limited-entry areas of our site as appropriate.
- No attempts are made to identify individuals browsing the site. The data captured is used so that we can accurately evaluate the content of the site and make improvements.
- Method of collection We only collect personal information by lawful and fair means. We generally collect personal information directly from you. This information will generally come from what has been provided in your purchase online, through our contact with you over the telephone to
complete an order, your entry form for a competition, customer service queries, in store or other purchase related activities.
- Unsolicited information If we receive personal information about you that we have not requested, and if we determine that we could not have lawfully collected that information under privacy law if we had requested it, we will destroy or de-identify the information, if it is lawful and reasonable to do so.
- If you have any questions or concerns about transmitting your personal information via the internet, you may contact us using the contact details provided below, as there are other ways for you to provide us with your personal information.
- Visiting our website Anytime you access an unsecured part of our website, that is, a public page that does not require you to log on, we will collect personal information about your visit.
- Email When we receive emails, we will retain the content of the email and our response to you where we consider it necessary to do so. Your email address will only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which is was provided. It will not be added to any third party mailing lists or used for any other purpose without your consent.
- Security We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the most up-to-date security measures are used on our website to protect your personal information. Any data containing personal information which we transmit via the internet is encrypted. However, we cannot guarantee that any information transmitted via the internet by us, or yourself, is entirely secure. You use our website at your own risk.
- We may use your personal information, including your contact details, to provide you with information about products and services, including those of third parties, which we consider may be of interest to you. We may also provide your details to other organisations for specific marketing purposes.
- You may opt out at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing information. In order to do so, you will need to request that we no longer send marketing materials to you or disclose your information to other organisations for marketing purposes. You can make this request by using the contact details provided below, by following the “unsubscribing” link from email marketing messages.
- In general, we do not use or disclose your personal information for a purpose other than:
- a purpose you would reasonably expect;
- a purpose required or permitted by law; or
- a purpose otherwise disclosed to you to which you have consented.
- In order to process your order and deliver your purchases, we may disclose your personal information to third parties and our service providers. This includes our delivery company. Your contact telephone number will be passed on to our courier company who may contact you by phone or text message in order to update you on the delivery date or time of your order.
- We will only provide these companies with the information which they need to carry out their jobs. They will only be allowed to use your information in the way in which we tell them, and they will not be entitled to use it in their own right. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations with respect to the
protection of your personal information.
- You may request access to the personal information that we hold about you by using the contact details provided above. We will deal with your request for such access within a reasonable time. If we refuse access, we will provide you with a written notice which sets out the reasons for the refusal and the relevant provisions of the Privacy Act that we rely on to refuse access. We may recover reasonable costs in relation to a request for access to personal information.
- We take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect is accurate, up-to-date and complete. We take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we use or disclose is accurate, up-to-date, complete and relevant. Where we believe that the personal information we hold is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, we will take reasonable steps to correct that information. You may also request that we correct your personal information that we hold by contacting us by using the contact details provided above. We will take reasonable steps to correct the information to ensure that it is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
- We will deal with your request to correct your personal information within a reasonable time. If we do not agree with the corrections you have requested, we are not obliged to alter your personal information accordingly. However, where we refuse to correct any personal information as requested by you, we will give you a written notice which sets out the reasons for our refusal.
- Goondicum Pastoral Company PTY LTD holds your personal information in paper-based and electronic files. We require the administrators of our website to take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information which is kept in our files is protected from:
- misuse, interference and loss; and
- unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- This means that, in respect of our paper-based files, the administrator maintains various security systems on its premises, and in respect of its electronic files, it maintains secure electronic network systems. When we no longer require your personal information (including when we are no longer required by law to keep records relating to you), we ensure that it is destroyed or de-identified.
J. QUESTIONS AND COMPLAINTS
K. PRIVACY OFFICER
- Please send correspondence to: Goondicum Pastoral PTY LTD, Goondicum Creek Yarrol QLD 4630, email@example.com.
- Once your query has been lodged, the Privacy Officer will respond to you as soon as possible.